Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wise words Wednesday: Sight

“What you lose in blindness is the space around you, the place where you are, and without that you might not exist. You could be nowhere at all.” -Barbara Kingsolver


via: http://pinterest.com/pin/25262447879383644/
via

My LASIK appointment is on Friday, and to say that I'm a bit anxious is an understatement. I know that odds are (overwhelmingly) in my favor for a completely successful surgery, but I can't ignore the fact that something could go wrong and I could lose the ability to see these precious faces clearly (or at all) every day.

Logan, Lorelai and Aidan-May 2011

Logan, Adam, Lorelai and Aidan-Father's day 2011

And if something does go wrong, it'll be all my fault since I selfishly didn't want to deal with glasses or contacts any more.

Also? I got my eyes dilated on Monday to check my retinas before the procedure, and they're STILL not back to normal. I have my near vision back sort of (which was completely gone until Tuesday morning) but I can't focus on anything right up in my face, and my distance vision is somewhat blurry making driving, especially when it's bright, a difficult task. Although I don't know what my current vision is, I imagine I've gotten a taste of having best corrected vision of less than 20/20, and it totally sucks.

I've been reassured again that I'm a good candidate, and that the doctor performing the surgery is very good and very experienced. But prayers and/or positive thoughts would be much appreciated, if you have some to spare!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I guess I can spare a prayer for you. ;-)

    Sending lots of happy thoughts your way! I'm sure everything will go GREAT. I know a few people who have had lasik and it was very successful. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ariel!! Hopefully I'll update with good news soon!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.