Thursday, January 12, 2012

They're gonna slice my eyeballs

If all goes as planned, today is my last day in contacts. Ever. That's right, I'm getting LASIK!

my eyes
goodbye contacts!

I'm seriously so excited. And nervous. Really really nervous. But mostly excited. Except for the whole slicing the eyeballs thing. OMG. Thank goodness for vicodan valium, is all I'm saying. Anyway...

I've been waiting so long for this. I've wanted to do it for years and years, but I had to wait until my prescription stabilized. And then I had to wait until I wasn't pregnant. And then I had to wait until I was done nursing. But now, I'm good to go. I was even able to get it all figured out in time for open enrollment so I could take out FSA to pay for it. Woohoo for saving money!

The countdown starts tomorrow. I have to be out of my contacts for two weeks before my surgery on January 27. Not looking forward to wearing my glasses for two weeks straight, especially since they're not my current prescription (didn't want to pay for new lenses that I would only have for a few months before LASIK). But it'll be so worth it, I'm sure. At least I hope, assuming nothing goes wrong. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

me and Lorelai
goodbye glasses (until I get old and start needing them for reading)


Has anyone else had LASIK? I'd really love to hear about it. Just be kind and don't scare me too much...

PS: apparently I'm not a druggie because when I wrote this last night I got valium and vicodan confused. Thankful for both, but the valium is for the anxiety relief before the procedure as I'm reading through the paperwork and deciding whether to risk permanent blindness. Yeah.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! You will totally NOT REGRET it at all!!! Getting my eyes fixed 6 years ago was the BEST thing I have ever done (well ... aside from getting married and having my babies). I was legally blind w/ astigmatism (or however you spell it) in both eyes and also had severe dry eyes. They were able to correct my right eye to 20/20 and my left eye to 20/25. It took a while to get used to and my eyes see "halos" around lights at night, but it is still ah-may-zing!!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm SO glad to hear you had a great experience, Becky!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.