Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kind words

A couple of years ago, Logan's preschool teacher was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I don't think she was older than 30 at the time, so it was quite a shock. She was out for a while undergoing chemo, and when she came back, she was cancer-free, but also bald. Let's be honest, it's not every day kids see females without hair, so there were some discussions about it.

She was subbing in Lorelai's room the other day when I was dropping off, and Lorelai went right over to her to give her a hug. She started complimenting me on how sweet my kids are, and then she told me something I had never heard. Apparently, not long after she came back from sick leave, Logan shyly inched his way over to her, gave her a hug and said, "Ms. Kim, you're beautiful." It was completely unprompted, and she said he made her so happy.

I could not be more proud of this little man and his big heart. Love him!

Logan
Logan, December 2009 and September 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.