Monday, March 5, 2012

iPhone photo dump {week 7}

Last week was pretty good, if you don't count the fact that I shattered the screen on my iPhone, Lorelai decided to wake up between 5:30 and 6am just about every morning and got all clingy and cranky during daycare drop offs and in the evening. I can't argue with the extra snuggles, though :)

Here was some of our week in pictures.

iPhone photo dump {week 7}

On Sunday, I practically got swallowed up by a pile of laundry while I finished Catching Fire. That was also the fateful day I dropped my precious phone. We went grocery shopping at Target and as I was loading a very squirmy Lorelai into her car seat, my phone fell out of my hoodie pocket onto the asphalt. I thought it had survived landing face down...until I gently wiped the screen and it cracked. I need to get a more protective case that comes up over the edges a little bit, but the one I have is just SO DANG CUTE, I don't want to part with it!


iPhone photo dump {week 7}

Thank goodness for Applecare, because on Monday we went to the Apple store and got it replaced. Lorelai was hilarious as we walked out. She insisted on carrying her coat and squatting down to check out the bushes in the mall breezeway. She's never been out of her stroller at the mall before, so she took full advantage. Monday was also the only day Lorelai actually fell back asleep (in bed with us) after her early morning wake up call, which is probably why she was in a good enough mood to actually enjoy the mall.


iPhone photo dump {week 7}

Thursday was awesome. 78 degrees and sunny (I just noticed, is that the moon in the photo behind the sun? Cool!), and I had a free dinner at the Angus Barn for a work celebration and I got an award. The salmon and asparagus were divine, and the desserts were even better.


iPhone photo dump {week 7}

I mentioned Lorelai has been extra cranky this week, so I was worried she'd pitch a fit when I left for dinner. To butter her up, I let her play with my bracelets while she walked around with an angry bird stuffed animal under her shirt—she put it there all on her own. She's really into wearing my shoes, too. I love it!


iPhone photo dump {week 7}
iPhone photo dump {week 7}

On Friday, we celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. I went to daycare to read to Logan and Lorelai. Logan asked me to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas to his class, and picked Oh the Thinks You Can Think for Lorelai's class. Then we made Cat in the Hat hats, played with oobleck, drew our own Foot Book feet, and Adam and Aidan joined us for cake with blue and green frosting (hence my dyed lips). Lorelai chowed down and pretty much spoiled her dinner. Oh well, TGIF!

On Saturday, we discovered why plumbers get paid the big bucks when we unsuccessfully tried to fix our broken shower (no pics, Adam and I were too mad and frustrated to take any). The idiots who originally plumbed our shower apparently put the valve in upside down and didn't secure the pipes to the wall, so what should have been a simple stem replacement turned out to be way too much for novices like us to handle. Hopefully we'll get someone out soon, because not only is the master bath shower completely broken, the hall bath shower now leaks. Oh the joys of home ownership. @*#^%. Ugh.

But to top it all off, we cheered on Carolina as they totally spanked Duke at Cameron. So at least we ended a frustrating day on a high note :) Go Heels!

PS: Apparently I'm back to almost completely ignoring the boys in photos. I'm making another resolution to actually photograph all of my children every week (even if they do still run away from the camera). What a novel idea, ha!

Linking up with a good life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.