Wednesday, October 10, 2012

On the bright side...

Today was one of those days that just went wrong right from the beginning. Starting with the realization that I'm getting sick (ouch, my sinuses!), almost being late to the bus stop, scrambling to get stuff done at work... blah blah blah one annoying thing after another...and ending with one of Lorelai's most epic meltdowns to date (oh hello, terrible twos).

But in an effort to practice what I've been trying to preach to the boys, I'm going to stop dwelling on the negative and look at the bright side:
  • Adam is home now after a work trip.
  • The weather was really nice today.
  • I got positive feedback on some information I presented during a meeting today (which almost made up for a slight dig about something else at work).
  • There's pumpkin spice coffee at work.
  • The week is more than halfway over.
  • The kids are in bed and Survivor is on, so I can totally veg on the couch from now until bedtime.
 I'm hoping a good night sleep is all I need to wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow.


“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” ~John Wayne

{alazycrazylife}


2 comments:

  1. You get pumpkin spice coffee at work? We have the nastiest stuff. But I drink it anyway because I'm desperate. So sorry you had a rough day! The good definitely looks like it outweighs the bad. Way to be optimistic! Doesn't it make you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we're lucky to have a Flavia machine and a great facilities guy who jumped on the chance to get as much of the seasonal flavor as he could this year. We suffered through bad coffee for years here and this is a huge upgrade I'm so thankful for.

      The good definitely outweighs the bad, maybe not in quantity (I didn't list ever single annoyance), but definitely in quality. And we all know a good vent is sometimes the best way to let it go! Today is already better than yesterday and it's not even 9am.

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.