Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Because the fashion bloggers said so

The other day I told Adam I thought I needed a chambray shirt because they're apparently all the rage these days. I know this because they're all over pinterest and pretty much every fashion blogger I follow has one and tells me they're awesome.

http://www.kendieveryday.com/2012/08/bright-idea.html
But doesn't she just look so great?! via

So I pointed one out on a girl at the mall, and Adam looked at me in horror and said "you mean a DENIM shirt?!?! You can't be serious?! Oh please NO, don't ever get something like that."

And just like that, my hopes of being trendy like Kendi were dashed. But I think I'll live, because yeah. It's basically a denim shirt.* :)

Awesome image via Whitney, who I found while looking for the first image, and
who shares my sentiment on the influence of fashion bloggers :)


 *I know, I know. Chambray and denim are technically different fabrics, but still...

4 comments:

  1. YESSSSS! This post makes me so happy, you don't even know. When I first saw chambray shirts on blogs I was like, "what the heck is chambray, you mean denim?" And I thought it was silly. And then I kept seeing it and I was like, I want one. Isn't that funny how if we see something enough, we want it? I was the same with skinny jeans. Thought they were hideous and then eventually fell in love with them. So weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I felt the same way about skinny jeans (and boots over skinny jeans), too. It's clear I'm no trendsetter, I'm most definitely a follower :)

      Delete
  2. Ha! I love this post! I am so glad that someone agrees with me...and loved my little Mean Girls meme. :) I'm coming around to the chambray trend, but I still don't own one. By the time I actually do, they'll be "out" again! ha!
    Thanks for linking back and sharing! :)
    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure if we wait it out long enough, we won't have to worry about it :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.