1) I take showers at night and I don't wash my hair everyday. I'm training my hair to go longer between washes--I'm comfortably at every other day now, but I can occasionally go two days. Mostly because I'm lazy and hate having to do my hair. And I love that little bit of extra sleep in the morning with not having to shower OR do my hair. But also because my hair was looking unhealthy and damaged. I think my new routine is helping! Oh, and I've started deep conditioning my hair with organic unrefined coconut oil.
|Sporting 3rd day hair to work for the first time. Turns |
out, it was apparently profile pic worthy hair, ha!
2) I like my m&ms a little melty. As much as I try to avoid the constant stash in the kitchen at work, if I do give in, I like to put them in a cup and microwave them for like 20 seconds. I know, weird. I always cross my fingers no one sees me. :) (Semi-related: when I was a kid, I remember microwaving my ice cream at my friend's house because it was too cold.)
3) I'm a slave to Proactiv. When I was younger, I was very fortunate to have mostly clear skin. The occasional breakout every now and then, but nothing bad. That all changed during my first pregnancy. My skin was so bad, and it got even worse for a while postpartum. I'm not brave enough to post any before pictures, but let's just say I got really good at using the blemish tool in Photoshop. My acne fluctuated for years after that, and through my other two pregnancies. Although it wasn't quite as bad with Lorelai, I do still have some dark spots from acne scars. Finally, I was fed up enough to try Proactiv after other failed attempts, and it worked! I've been using it for about 18 months and my skin is finally clear (aside from the occasional blemish--ironically a whopping two on my face as I'm writing this). I'm scared to stop using it at this point though...
4) Graphic design interests me. In hindsight, I wish I had taken some of those classes in J-school. But I really enjoy working in Photoshop to design things like our Christmas card, Lorelai's birth announcement and even my new blog design. If you follow via a reader or email, you may not have noticed, but I gave the old blog a bit of a face lift a couple of weeks ago. Clearly nothing professional, but doing it made me happy. (Though the verdict is still out on whether I want to change my blog button to match--I've got a weird attachment to my first blog button baby with a pic of my kiddos on the beach.)
5) I'm done having babies and I really truly feel as though Lorelai perfectly completes our family. But I get baby fever like whoa on a regular basis. I'm nuts.
Anyone else like melty M&Ms or have any other random quirks to share? Or have an opinion on whether I should change my blog button to match my header? I'd love to know!
(Ok sorry, that's a LOT of my face in one post, geez!)
PS: There's 25 more random things about me here.