Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring fever

We've got a serious case of spring fever in our house. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming, the air is warmer, and I'm loving it. And the pollen has even subsided, so we can be outside without turning yellow!

{alazycrazylife}


The kiddos seriously can't get enough of playing outside. Scooters, bikes, basketball, football, tag, races...you name it. All weekend, every day after school. Obsessed.

{alazycrazylife}
Speaking of obsessed, Lorelai is weirdly attached to this infant push toy that I've had in in the garage for goodwill for over a year now. She plays with it every time we go out and won't let me get rid of it. Whatever floats her boat, I guess.

From the time Lorelai went down for her nap both days this weekend, the boys were outside. I love that they're at an age where I feel comfortable letting them play out front by themselves. I probably wouldn't do it if we weren't in a quiet neighborhood on a cul-de-sac with virtually no traffic. But they know to keep an eye out for cars and not wander off.

They're both particularly obsessed with basketball and scooters. Occasionally at the same time. I should also note that we've bandaged up our fair share of scraped knees as a result of all this playing outside...

{alazycrazylife}

{alazycrazylife}


When Lorelai woke up, she was eager to join the boys. She pretty much stole the big basketball from Logan. She gets away with things 'cause she's so dang cute. I just know it.

{alazycrazylife}

He was a good sport though. He loves playing with her and even indulged her when she literally grabbed him by the arm and dragged him to the little car so she could push him (usually it's the other way around). I think she interrupted a heated game of HORSE with daddy and Aidan. :)

{alazycrazylife}

And then there was the inchworm we befriended. Unfortunately, the friendship quickly ended after Lorelai tried (and failed) to squish him.

{alazycrazylife} {alazycrazylife}

So inchworms, I can handle. But for the record, I have not stepped foot in the back yard because you know,  snakes. CANNOT handle. My spring fever would be quickly cured at the first sight of a snake in my front yard. That, or the first day of 90+ degree weather. Whichever comes first...

Oh Spring, I love you so much. Won't you please stay forever?



6 comments:

  1. Awww, so much fun!! I wish our weather would pick spring or summer already. One day it is 80 and then next only 60! Driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It was only 60 this weekend so I was pretty much bundled up in my sweatshirt while they played (I'm a wimp). But the sun was shining so they were warm enough. I'd just really like a good long stretch of consistent 75* weather before we're hit in the face with summer. Sadly, I don't think that's in the cards for us this year with all this wacky weather! :)

      Delete
  2. Who wants to be stuck inside when you can play scooter basketball and hang with inchworms?!
    Woohoo for awesome weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I love that their instinct is to go outside and be active, and it's even better when the weather cooperates :)

      Delete
  3. We are absolutely loving this weather too!! Yay for warm weather!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet got her first scraped knee today, she just shook it off. We have been loving the weather!

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie
    www.violetimperfection.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.