I've had some serious writer's block for the past week, so I figured I do a "get to know the blogger" post. Anyone remember that '25 random things' that got passed around on Facebook a few years ago? Well I've updated my list slightly (so it's not completely deja vu to any of my Facebook friends). Here you go!
25 random things about me...
1. I watch too much TV (my faves right now are How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, and Shameless).
2. I love photography and aspire to be a better photographer.
3. I can be moody and occasionally have a bad temper.
4. I used to play field hockey (in high school and then club in college).
5. I rarely brag, but I'm very proud of the fact that I graduated from UNC in 3.5 years with 2 majors (BA in Journalism (Advertising concentration) and BA Psychology).
6. I was a total bookworm in college...I really should have had more fun.
7. My current job is completely unrelated to either of my majors (and any other training I've ever had). I'm lucky to have it!
8. I've been with Adam since I was 16 years old (14 years total, married for almost 9!).
9. I'm a penny pincher (we'll say bargain hunter...that sounds better).
16. I was on a swim team in middle school and hated it. During meets, I would sometimes hide in the bathroom when it was my turn to swim the backstroke!
17. I'm a terrible housekeeper. I try (key word is *try*) to keep things tidy, but I'm bad about keeping things actually clean. I'm on a mission to become more organized.
18. Bad grammar and bad spelling are a huge pet peeve of mine. Your/you're and there/their/they're are NOT interchangeable! (Although, the occasional typo doesn't bother me at all.)
19. I like doing crafty things, I just wish I had more time to do them!
20. I have a terrible memory and it really bothers me--apparently there are supposedly memorable events in my life that I just don't remember (Jillian, if you're reading this...a bat in the house? Really?). I'm scared I'm going to forget things about my kids, and that would be the saddest thing ever.
21. I swear a lot (but not around my kids, thank goodness!)
22. I love lobster! It's been a family tradition since I was little to have a lobster birthday dinner. Yum!
23. I want to get LASIK (but the thought of slicing and peeling back my eyeballs freaks me the F*@% out!)
24. If I could go back to school, I'd choose to be either a physical therapist, or an occupational therapist like my mom. I see how much she loves her job (and helping people) and that's something I really want. Hindsight is 20/20...
25. Last but definitely not least, I love my kids more than life and I love being a mom!
So what about you, fellow bloggers? Anyone have any random facts you care to share? (Link 'em in the comments!) How about any tips for writer's block?