Monday, September 16, 2013

Summer 2013 bucket list wrap-up


With summer officially coming to a close in less than a week (noooo!), I figure it's about time I recap all the things we did on our bucket list, some of which I never blogged about. Doh!

Unlike last year, we completed everything on the list. Unfortunately, you'll have to take my word for the fishing and the sparklers. The boys went on a fishing trip with the grandparents so I wasn't there to take pictures (bummer, because I'm sure the pics would have been so stinkin' cute! Adam and I will have to find time to go with them sometime...). And we did sparklers on the 4th of July when we were waiting in front of Target for the fireworks to start, but it wasn't really dark yet, and since we were in a parking lot, the only 2 pictures I took were lame. Maybe this weekend at the beach we can try again?

{A Lazy Crazy Life} Summer bucket list

Anyway, we really did have a great summer and I'm super sad to see it go.


We also ran through the sprinkler and had some water balloon fights. Two birds, one stone...twice! Once at the beginning of the summer when their cousins from Atlanta were in town.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Oh, how we love seeing them, and wish it could be more often. The kids always have so.much.fun together!

 photo June2013-041_zps6b979f1f.jpg

 photo June2013-044_zps707ff137.jpg

And then again at Lorelai's birthday party. I think that might have actually been three birds with one stone, because that ended up being the most perfect activity for a party I was completely stressing about. (Thanks to Desiree for that awesome suggestion!)

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
Pay no attention to the weeds and dirt we call a back"yard." We've since done some patch seeding and it's looking...maybe a little bit better?

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Since our summer break from school is only 5 weeks long, it's easy to feel like we got gypped out of a "real" summer. But darned if we didn't make the most of it, even after the boys were back in school.

Although many of these are things we probably would have done anyway (some probably not!), it's nice to put them in a list that we can check off and look back on to see that we really did make a lot of great summer memories.


11 comments:

  1. I love your list, and I love that you were able to complete everything on it!! When my little man is a bit older I'm going to have to duplicate this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The kids love it (but maybe not as much as me) :)

      Delete
  2. Bravo, friend!!! I feel like I make these lists and just forget and get pissed when I actually find them. :)
    Love the rain pics- I could have totally done this for the past two weeks, but didn't..because I'm a slacker? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you've got a good reason to not trudge out in the rain with a toddler! Maybe next year though ;)

      Delete
  3. Seeing all of these pictures makes me hate the 61 degrees outside right now. WAHHHHH. I want it to be 86 and sunny again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate seeing summer go....but hoodies and hot coffee make it not soooo bad :)) Awesome that you completed your list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're right, hoodies and hot coffee sure help take the sting out of colder weather...as long as I can enjoy them without ever having to step foot outside. :)

      Delete
  5. What a perfect summer bucket list! I can't wait to make one with Mia in a couple years! This was my funnest summer yet... it's so different having a tiny side kick but SO amazing! I'm not ready to let it go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute and fun way to recap summer! I wish I'd thought to make a summer to do list, mind if I copy you for fall?? Lol, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy away!! Can't wait to see what you come up with! :) I've thought about making a Fall bucket list, but gotta be honest, Fall isn't my fave, so I'm not totally into it. Come to think of it though, maybe a list would help get me in the spirit!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.