Monday, August 27, 2012

Our next house...

Sometimes I daydream about what our forever home will be like. Big, open kitchen with nice cabinets and counter tops; bonus room for the kids' toys; huge master shower; flat yard with nice grass...and now I'm adding big porch to the list.

During a lazy, rainy morning last Sunday, Lorelai grabbed her folding chair and told us she wanted to go outside and watch the rain like we'd done before, so she and Raina spent a while just hanging out on the front porch while my mom and I watched them from just inside the door.

{alazycrazylife}


It was really soothing, and I would have loved to pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and just hang out with them, enjoying the fresh air (of course, I would have clothes on, unlike my girl).

{alazycrazylife}


Too bad our porch is tiny, so all I could do was dream from inside. We're not planning to move anytime soon, but when we do, I think a big old front porch or even a screened in deck would make at least a couple of us happy. :)

{alazycrazylife}

2 comments:

  1. Me too! We've only been in our home for 2 years (& I do LOVE it), but I already daydream about our "forever" home. It will be sad to leave this one and all of the memories behind some day, though!

    Your photos are fabulous! I feel like you and I are really stepping up our photography skills lately! Have you been playing around in manual mode? I've been using AV or TV mode - close, but not quite full manual yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I still mostly rely on AV mode, but I have been venturing more into manual. The majority of my beach pictures are in manual. I just have a lot more trouble with manual inside (no external flash).

      I know what you mean about the memories. We've been in our house for 9 years now, brought all of our kids home from the hospital to this house...it'll be tough.

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.