Wednesday, April 20, 2011

9th Anniversary

9 years ago today, I married my high school sweetheart and love of my life.

Becky and Adam


 It seems like such a lifetime ago, really. We got married young (I was a month shy of 22, Adam was already 22) but we had already been together almost 6 years, so it was about time!
Adam
Becky


It was a very simple wedding because my mom was paying for it and she had already paid for my entire college tuition (thanks Mom, you're the best!). I was happy with how it turned out at the time, but that said, if I could do it all over again knowing what I know now, there are a LOT of things I would do differently. I don't regret having a budget wedding at all (in fact, it boggles my mind that anyone can spend more than $2k on a dress they'll only wear ONCE!!), but I still wish it had been a bit more elegant and fun and had more personal creative touches. But hey, I was young and inexperienced and didn't know a thing about weddings since I hadn't been to many.



Regardless of all the little details I would change, there's one thing I wouldn't change for the world—the groom! Adam and I ended up married and that's really all that matters in the end, right? 



Who knows, maybe we'll plan an elegant and fun anniversary party one of these days. But first, we're planning to go on a second honeymoon cruise for our 10th anniversary. Woohoo, can't wait!

We went on an awesome cruise around the western Caribbean
on the Grand Princess for our first honeymoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.