But it's often a thankless job. I know my kids and hubby love and appreciate me, but it often goes without saying. That's why it means so much when someone from the outside looking in recognizes and appreciates the kind of mom I am.
Layana at Raising Reagan passed along a sweet blog award to me, the Beautiful Mama award, and it's such a nice one because it's about motherhood--the thing I'm most passionate about!
While I don't typically pass along blog awards (boo on me), I do want to pass this one along, just to recognize some other moms who inspire me through their blogs. There are SO many mommy bloggers out there who inspire me so this was tough to narrow down, but here are a few:
Ariel from Dreams to Do, who always has a knack for eloquently writing what I'm thinking. Her post on losing control really hit home for me, because I've been there. Love her perspective on it. We're very similar in many ways, so I always love reading her blog.
Maria, from Every Day is Country Song, who had a long and emotional road to travel on the way to finally bringing home her sweet girl, Piper.
Noel (who also nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger award, thanks Noel!) from High Heeled Mama, who's always so fashionable and has a great perspective on showing her daughter the importance of being fit, active a healthy. She makes me feel bad for sitting on my butt all weekend (in a good way!)
Nancy from Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 9, who's a mom to 7(!!) with some touching adoption stories and amazing and inspiring photos of her sweet kids.
Meghan from Love Meghan, whose post on unconditional love had me nodding my head in agreement.
If you also want to play along, here are the rules:
1. Use the above image in your acceptance post.
2. List 3 things you love most about motherhood.
3. Nominate as many other deserving mamas as you'd like!
Three things I love most about being a mom:
1. Being needed. This one kind of sounds selfish, but it's true. I love that they need and want me to be there for them, hold them, snuggle them, read to them, kiss their boo boos, talk to them and teach them. And I love doing those things.
Even if it means reading Lorelai the same book over and over again...
dealing with Aidan's tricky school situations...
or handling one of Logan's massive meltdowns.
2. Seeing their tight sibling bond grow. My kids love each other, and it makes my heart swell with joy. The way Aidan and Logan care about and look after their sister and each other is a gift. I hope it lasts forever and ever.
3. The unconditional love I feel. It's overwhelming sometimes how much I love my kids. It'll hit me when I'm snuggling and rocking Lorelai before I put her to bed and I just don't want to let her go. Or when the boys get off the bus with huge smiles on their faces, excited to tell me about something that happened at school. Or when we're playing outside or having an impromptu family dance party in the kitchen after dinner.
Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.
Also, linking up with Mandy's Mama Memoirs (another mommy blogger who inspires me, btw!), because what's more appropriate to share about motherhood than the reasons why I love it so much?! :)