Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Making me happy

I'm just a mess of jumbled thoughts lately. I've got like 3 unfinished blog posts just hanging out because my brain is just too mushy to make them coherent and meaningful. Work is crazy, life is crazy, what's new?

So I figured I'd take a cue from Ariel and just list some things that are making me happy right now.

*Tiny painted toes.

{alazycrazylife}

I've done Lorelai's fingernails once before, but this is her first pedicure. We're toe twinsies! (I also love my new lavendar Zoya nail polish from my May Ipsy glam bag.) Can't wait to do more toe painting in the future with my sweet girl.

*Green smoothies.

{alazycrazylife} {alazycrazylife}
smoothie mustache!

And more specifically, I love the fact that my kids BEG me for them. So healthy and so easy to make. Win win! I've always done spinach before, but recently tried kale. I have to say that I do prefer spinach, but no preference from the kids so far. As far as a recipe, I just kind of wing it on amounts, but basically it's just a few handfulls of the green stuff (spinach/kale) blended together really well with a cup of water. Then add 2 cups of bagged frozen tropical fruit mix (peaches, banana, pineapple, mango) and a couple tsp of honey, and voila! I like to use the orange/yellow fruits so the "soobie" as Lorelai calls it stays a pretty green color.

*My new Pacifica Island Vanilla roll on perfume courtesy of my May Ipsy glam bag.
via
I usually steer way clear of vanilla scents, but there's something about this one. It smells yummy and lasts a long time. Also, I think this has been my favorite Ipsy glam bag so far since I started in January! And if you want to sign up, they now have referral links. Here's mine.


*Raspberry pink peony hand soap from Bath and Body works.
via
This is my new favorite soap scent. I've actually got a ton of favorites but this is now at the top of my list. Every time we switch hand soap scents, I get so excited. I actually walked around the other day wondering what smelled so good until I realized it was my hands. And then I weirdly sniffed them. Something about scents with me, huh? But there is a whole thing about scents and memory/moods, so maybe it's not so weird that hand soap makes me happy...

*My new shoes.

{alazycrazylife}

And Lorelai's a fan, too. She so graciously pulled them off of my feet to model. Speaking of modeling, do I have a future fashion blogger in the making? She sure has that model pose down! :)

*Evenings (and weekends) spent watching the kids playing outside with the neighbors.

{alazycrazylife}

Last but not least, I love that my kids have struck up a friendship with the brother (also named Aidan who's a little younger than Logan) and sister (who's about a year younger than Lorelai) next door. They have such fun playing together and it's safe to say that Lorelai is obsessed with her new friend. :) That was my dream for a neighborhood like this when we had kids, but since we're such hermits, we don't really get out to meet people much (at all) or take the kids on play dates. So it was really nice when the kids got together all on their own. It's easy for us parents to just hang around and let them play without ever having to leave the yard.


Brain dump complete. Who knows if this will help straighten out the jumbled thoughts in my head, but at least it was good for my mental state to concentrate on a bunch of things that are making me happy, right?

6 comments:

  1. Those toes are adorable :) My life gets so hectic at times and it's so important to step back and think of all the little things that make us happy! Stopping by from ourthreepeas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and sorry for the belated response! I'll hope over to passionfruit now :)

      Delete
  2. Your matching pedicures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygoodness, I love the lilac painted little toes! so cute that you have matching pedicures. I was joking to my mom that I wanted to paint piper's. I've smelled that pacifica perfume and it smells soo good. I wanna try ipsy sometime.
    it's wonderful your children have made friends with the neighbors. i'm sure they'll have lots of fun this summer. wishing you a wonderful Thursday, becky! xox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally paint Piper's toes, that would be so stinkin' cute! I love the Zoya polish because it's natural, too. Perfect for tiny toes :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.