Saturday, May 25, 2013

33.

Today I turned 33. Another year older, maybe a little wiser, but most of all grateful for another year spent with my amazing family. That perspective kind of takes the sting out of the whole "older" thing. :)

{alazycrazylife}

Adult birthdays are kind of weird. Once you hit a certain age, when you no longer have parties or even look forward to getting another year older OMG, it becomes kind of awkward to go around talking about or telling people it's your birthday (or is that just me?). Like you're trying to solicit compliments or something. I don't know. I mean, I really appreciate it when people want to celebrate my birthday and I want to be celebrated, but don't want it to seem like I'm asking people to do it. (That's why Facebook is so great...so much unprompted birthday love!)

Anyway, we did celebrate my birthday, but in a very nice low-key way that's suitable for a non-milestone adult birthday. :) I only asked to do 2 things on my birthday: sleep in, and get frozen yogurt with my family. Mission accomplished!

Lorelai slept until after 8, at which point she came in and sang(ish) Happy Birthday to me. And then this happened:

Mommy: How old am I?
Lorelai: 3? No, not 3. Ummm?
Mommy: Keep going...
Lorelai: 4?
Mommy: No, keep going...
Lorelai: Ummmm, old?

Wow, kiddo, harsh! But way to start my day with a smile. :)

Then we just lounged around the house, enjoyed some crazy beautiful weather (70* and sunny, what??! That's not late May weather in NC!) and went out for some frozen yogurt before dropping the kids off at my mom's house for a sleepover.

{alazycrazylife}

Adam and I did some birthday shopping at the mall and I enjoyed Chipotle for the first time (I know, shocking).

{alazycrazylife} {alazycrazylife}

It's been a really great day. Even though as I'm writing this, Adam is picking Lorelai up from my mom's because she refuses to spend the night. Eh, more birthday snuggles is never a bad thing.

{alazycrazylife}

(#momfail: no good pictures of me and the boys. I will rectify that tomorrow at my birthday cookout. Swear.)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!

    Sleeping in and FroYo is a great way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated!!! Girlfriend, I am all about the "treat me special it's my birthday" affairs! Maybe it's just because I'm a one-week-before-Christmas baby and I grew up with the need to insist that my birthday be celebrated apart from the most important holiday of the year...oh, the woes of a December baby! You look gorgeous at 33 by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't look a day over 21! Sooooo, are you still celebrating your b-day? Where are you? ;-) Just giving you a hard time! XOXO! Wishing you the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, thanks! I've just been sulking because the whole "do what I want for my birthday" didn't last, and didn't include skipping work for an entire week (or forever). I'm here, just still with half-written posts I can't seem to finish. Sigh.

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.