Sunday, November 18, 2012

Q&A time

A while back a few lovely bloggers were kind enough to tag me in a blog award/Q&A to show appreciation and get  know each other better. But since I'm totally lame, I never ended up participating. So I'm going to take a cue from Ariel and just answer some of the questions anyway without tagging anyone else. Questions like this are always fun and I'd love to hear answers to these questions from any other blog friends who want to play along :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Here's a combination of questions from Melanie, Krystle and Mia:
  1. Your favorite sweet treat? Wow, it's impossible to pick just one since I have such a sweet tooth! If we're not talking candy, I'd be mostly likely to pick creme brulee or tiramisu off a dessert menu. Or  cheesecake. Or key lime pie. Just not fruit pies (apple, blueberry, etc.) since I don't like pie crust.
  2. If you won $50,000 what would you use it for? I'd hire someone to finally paint my kitchen cabinets and do some master bathroom upgrades, take the kids to Disney, go on a vacation with Adam, and bank anything left over. I might also hire someone to clean my house regularly.
  3. Would you rather be to cold or to hot? Definitely too hot.
  4. How often do you vacuum in your house? Can I plead the 5th on this one? Definitely not as often as I should, but I do make sure to vacuum (the downstairs, at least) before company comes over... In my defense, we don't have pets, so there's no visible pet hair to make the carpets look dirty.
  5. What time do you normally go to bed? Ideally, 10pm. But depending on how many shows we have to watch, it ends up being more like 10:30 or 11, and then I get mad at myself every morning when my alarm goes off.
  6. Coffee or Tea? I never drank coffee regularly until my first full time job out of college. Now I drink coffee every morning and hot tea (peppermint or green) most afternoons. So I guess both, but if I had to choose, coffee would definitely win.
  7. If you could vacation anywhere you wanted, where would it be? Again, so hard to choose because I'd love to explore Europe, but if we're talking a relaxing vacation, it would have to be somewhere tropical. Hawaii, Tahiti, Aruba...
  8. What is your biggest pet peeve? Teachers who have terrible grammar and communication skills. If you can't spell, punctuate appropriately, or use proper subject/verb agreement, I lose respect for you and your ability to properly teach and grade my child.
  9. The first car you owned? A 1996 Toyota Tercel. Not the coolest car in the world and I sure cursed the clutch in traffic and the vinyl seats in the summer, but I'm SO thankful I had a car right when I turned 16, and it lasted me all the way through 2004 (or was it 2005?). At that point, I certainly wasn't sad to see it go.
  10. Your favorite type of food? To cook? Anything easy, usually Mexican. To eat? Fancy pizza, sushi and shrimp pad thai are some current faves, so I don't really have a specific type I stick to. 
  11. If you could relive one day, what day would it be? It would be a 3-way tie between the day each of my kids was born. I get so nostalgic thinking about the joy, anticipation and excitement I had on each of those days.
  12. What was your favorite childhood toy? I remember saving up my coins for a cabbage patch doll when I was little. I also fondly remember my care bears, popples, and my little ponies.
Is there anything else you want to know about me? I'm open to any questions!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

PS: you can find out more about me here.

5 comments:

  1. Oh popples - I loved popples! :-) Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on number 4, having guests is good for our house, it finally gets cleaned a little!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww yayyy! :) I loved reading more about you. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.