Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lady of leisure

Ok, I could really get used to being a lady of leisure. I'm maxed out on my vacation at work and I've already started to lose hours, so since I already had an appointment for today, I figured I'd take the whole day off to shop and do whatever I want. It was good timing, too, because work is stressing me out these days. I needed some me time like whoa.

I spent almost 2 glorious hours at Target this morning after I dropped Lorelai off and school and got the boys on the bus. Just me and my Starbucks, browsing leisurely with no one jumping out of carts, running around the aisles, asking to leave, asking for toys, etc, etc.

{alazycrazylife}
Despite the semi-scowl, I was in my happy place (I was just frustrated because the funhouse mirror by the sunglasses were giving me a complex--I had to take a pic with my phone to decide which glasses I liked best) . And you better believe those are the $8 sunglasses; the $17 ones are too rich for my blood ;)


Then I headed to my appointment, hit Old Navy for a couple of things, grabbed some quick lunch at home, and then instead of sitting on my butt the rest of the day (which would have also been really nice, but I'm all caught up on my DVR'd shows now so there was nothing to watch), I headed back out to Goodwill. I hoped to find some inspiration for a Pinterest-y DIY project or Christmas gift (oh yeah, holiday shopping is already stressing me out, too), but just ended up scoring some cheap pants for Lorelai and a couple of Christmas decorations. It was a successful trip, nonetheless.

{alazycrazylife}
Those color-coordinate aisles of clothes always make me giggle for some reason.

Truth be told, I'm actually not much of a shopaholic, because I'm cheap and indecisive, and get frustrated when I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, or can't find what I want in my price range. But you wouldn't have known that by looking in my Target cart today! The retail therapy was just what I needed this week. It was good for my mental health...and probably ended up cheaper than going to a shrink, ha!

{alazycrazylife}

The moral of this story is that I can't keep going going going...doing things for work, for my family, for my home, for everyone else, without specifically carving out time in my schedule just for me. But as a mom, it's just hard to actually do, especially when your kids are still young and clingy.

If only I had the kind of unlimited funds that not only allowed me to stay home but also to partake in as much retail therapy as I want. A girl can dream, right? It's cool, I can always schedule more days off and pretend every once in a while. :)

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! This post makes me happy. It is totally something I would do (& have done). BUT, I haven't been to Target sans children for a LONG time and that sounds AMAZING (& expensive). Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color coated isles of Goodwill actually annoy me. I wish they would sort them by size, and not color. I may totally write off an entire section b/c I hate the color yellow, but there's a hidden gem in there!
    Stresses me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sorting by size makes SO much more sense! I guess I can't really wrap my brain around shopping by color since I've never spent more than a couple of minutes in those aisles before totally giving up...

      Delete
  3. I've been so burnt out on work lately I totally feel you on the mommy time. I took off yesterday while Addison napped, and my husband was home from work for a change, for a trip to the antique stores, it was only two hours but they were so nice. And really who can ever antique with a toddler?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can't imagine antiquing with a toddler. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen :) So glad you got a couple hours off for yourself!

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.