I dodged a bullet by not having to travel to my company's main office to do the presentation in person, and I don't have to actually stand up in front of the group, but we're supposed to do a video conference and it's to a whole group of people I don't regularly work with, including a lot of senior staff. It's a big deal. I don't really know what to expect, some of the subject matter is outside of my comfort zone, and I hate public speaking. I mentioned that already, huh?
I do have to say that I've really come a long way in terms of my ability to speak in front of people, which I'm super proud of. I used to get nervous just going around the room and giving a simple status update at staff meetings, and now I lead multiple different meetings, two of which are daily. I have conference calls all the time and don't get nervous about those. But there's just something about the context and the audience that flips a switch on my nerves. Put some VPs in the room, call it a presentation, and boom. My stomach is in knots.
But I've got my notes and I know people are there to back me up if I get stuck, so I'm just crossing my fingers that my slides go over well and my brain continues to function through my nerves. Hmmmm, what are the odds I can convince them to order me a glass of wine with my lunch? :)
And in an effort to take my mind off the meeting tomorrow, here's my weekly photo dump:
Aside from almost nightly meltdowns from Lorelai, last week was good, and this weekend was really great. Highlights:
- Amazing weather, so lots of time outside. (Who needs tennis courts? Cul-de-sac tennis FTW!)
- I even went on a run with the boys on their bikes and Lorelai in the jogging stroller!!!
- A family breakfast at Bob Evans.
- A sweet sister checking on Logan who had a tummy ache.
- An independent little lady who got herself all "ready" to go with grandma and the boys to cousin Isaiah's football game on Saturday (she was not so happy when I told her she wasn't going...)
- Quality time with my girl while the boys were out and about with grandma.
I'm also doing #30daysofthankful on Instagram, so I'll be sharing those photos in a post at the end of the month.