Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm officially a soccer mom

...and our lives are officially about to get a lot less lazy and a lot more crazy!  Soccer starts for the boys this week, which means two practices during the week and two games on the weekend. They are really excited! We went out this weekend to buy them cleats, shin guards and brand new balls, which they've been obsessing over ever since. Logan's so excited that first thing this morning, he got all his soccer stuff together in a bag and set it by the front door so he could change into it as soon as he got home. So cute!


Adam and I are excited too, but part of me can't help but dread the fact that Mondays and Thursdays are going to be crazy hectic now.

I know families do it all the time, but having extra-curricular activities during the week just seems so impractical for little ones. Aidan doesn't even get off the bus until at least 4:30, sometimes 4:45 (school gets out at 3:30 so an hour of his afternoon is wasted on the bus, but at least that gives me time to work my 8 hours in the office). Right now, it seems like we have barely enough time to pick up Logan and Lorelai from daycare, do homework, fix dinner, eat dinner, shower them, read to them and get them in bed by 7:30 or 8. And now we're going to add a 5-6pm soccer practice for Logan on Mondays and a 6:15-7:15pm practice for Aidan on Thursdays? What were we thinking?! And better yet, how does every other parent in the world manage this (and more) without going crazy?

To top it all off, I have Zumba on Mondays at 6 and Adam has his own soccer that night, too. Luckily right now all his game are late, but it's just one more thing to add to the mix. All in the name of leading well-rounded healthy lives, right? It's worth it, I know.

I always knew it would happen eventually, and I'm sure it's only going to get worse when we add Lorelai's activities into the mix. I guess we'll figure it out soon enough. I'm already planning on lots of cereal and peanut butter and jelly for quick and easy dinners. Hey, less cooking for me!

Fortunately tonight went pretty smoothly, due in large part to my mom coming over and having dinner ready when they got home from soccer. And I'm proud to report that Logan loved his first practice. He was so good out there!

Ok, not the best action shot...next time
I'll bring the real camera, not my iphone!
I hope Thursday will go just as smoothly. Any suggestions for juggling weekday activities? Any quick and easy recipes or meals on the go that aren't a total repeat of Aidan's lunch? I'm sure the kid can only have so many PB&J's before he's sick of 'em!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.