Monday, February 21, 2011

Lazy Sunday mornings

I love lazy Sunday mornings!

We lounged...


We* sipped coffee...


And I procrastinated like I do all the time. Sigh.

Even though I know I should have been checking things off my ever-growing to-do list, all I really wanted to do on Sunday morning was sit on the couch and watch The Incredibles with my kiddos.

Of course, that meant that I spent the afternoon inside the house mopping and folding laundry while Adam and the boys were taking advantage of the beautiful weather outside. UGH! Luckily, I managed to tear myself away from the mopping long enough to get out for a short walk with them. The weather was BEAUTIFUL this weekend! Logan was so happy not to have to wear a coat .

Maybe next weekend I won't be so lazy and I'll check something off my to-do list. Organize the linen closet, perhaps? Or the pantry? Or transfer all our photos to an external hard drive we got waaay back in November? So many things to do, so little time. Especially when what little time I have gets taken up by all the chores that have to get done on a weekly basis, that I have no time for during the week. The laundry isn't just going to do itself, unfortunately!

But sometimes it's more important to just chill with the family. I just wish I was better at balancing the chilling, the chores, the family stuff, and all the extra things I want to do. Maybe I'll figure it out...one day. For those of you who have it all figured out, I'm certainly open to suggestions!



*Clearly by "we" I mean I sipped my coffee, then gave Lorelai my closed and empty cup since she kept grabbing for it. Don't worry, we plan to wait to introduce coffee until she's at least a year** old.

**And by a year, I mean fully grown. Don't want to take any chances on stunting her growth! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.