Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I like 'em big, I like 'em chunky

(speaking of, where's our Madagascar 2 DVD? I can't find it anywhere!)

So it's been two weeks since Lorelai's 6 month well visit, and I realized I never posted about it! In what comes as absolutely no surprise to this proud momma, she's 100% perfect in every way. Great eater, great sleeper (knock on wood), developmentally on track, physically healthy and very happy. And still big, tipping the scales at 18lbs 12.5oz and 27 inches! Although, she's actually on the charts now (she'd always been above the 95th percentile, now she's 92% for weight and 90% for height), so she's definitely hit the expected growth plateau that's typical of breastfed babies.

Here are her stats from birth till now:

Birth: 9lb 1oz, 21.5 inches
1 month: 13lb .5oz, 23 inches
2 months: 15lb 4oz, 24.25 inches
4 months: 17lb 13.5oz, 26 inches
6 months: 18lb 12.5oz, 27 inches

My poor, scrawny arms are glad she's not still gaining a pound a week like she was for the first month!

In a slightly related tangent, I've been wondering if there's any correlation between how fast a breastfeeding mom loses her baby weight and how fast her baby gains weight? There's definitely correlation there for me. With Lorelai especially, it's like my extra weight all went straight to hershe rapidly gained and I rapidly lost. It was similar with Logan too (he gained rapidly in the beginning), although my weight loss wasn't quite as rapid with Logan. However with Aidan, he didn't gain quite as fast, and it took me a lot longer to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  Things that make you go "Hmmmmm."  Has anyone else had that happen or noticed that correlation?



1 comment:

  1. She is a doll!! She's only 10 lbs away from Owen and 4 away from Pearson! HA!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.