Friday, February 11, 2011

My fortune came true...

...in bed. Haha, just kidding!!

Back in the summer of 2009 when I was trying to figure out whether (and when) I was ready to try for a third baby, I opened a fortune cookie and got the most appropriate and perfect fortune I've ever had. It's almost uncanny how fitting it turned out to be.

"A small gift can bring joy to the whole family." Lucky numbers 29, 14, 37, 19, 1, 56

{alazycrazylife}

I'm not a really superstitious person, so I'm not saying that this fortune is what made me decide I was ready to have another baby, but I just couldn't ignore how appropriate it was, and still is. Especially since it was the boys who, that very summer completely out of the blue, specifically told us they wanted a sister (in fact, this is what prompted me and Adam to actually start considering it). They honestly do feel like we gave them a gift of a beautiful little sister. With a huge smile on his face, Logan proudly reminds me on a regular basis that he and Aidan asked for a sister and we gave them one.

What makes this fortune even more perfect is that the first lucky number is 29, as in the day in July our small gift was born.

And funny enough, the word on the back is "watermelon", which is pretty much what I looked like I was carrying around under my shirt when I was pregnant with Lorelai!

{alazycrazylife}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.