Monday, June 3, 2013

3-day work weeks should totally be a thing.

I'm in a total funk today after two awesome weekends and a tiny little 3-day work week sandwiched in between. After being off last Monday for Memorial Day, and then taking off on Friday to chaperone Logan's class field trip/field day/picnic, I'm seriously dreading having to sit in an office for 5 whole days this week. Woe is me.

I've still got a ton of pictures to sort through from the past week, but for now, I'm just dreaming about how awesome it would be if I didn't have to sit in an office and work all the live long day.

I'd go to the pool and play outside with the kids...

 photo May2013iphone_collage3_zpsa9690a75.jpg
After much begging, we finally made it to the pool for the first time this season. And Lorelai totally got the hang of the neighbor's scooter.


I'd have tea parties on the deck...

 photo May2013iphone_collage6_zps92e64219.jpg


I'd chaperone more field trips...

 photo May2013iphone_collage2_zps4378b927.jpg
Logan's field day was a blast and he was so glad to have both me and Adam there. It was a field trip to a park for field day activities and a picnic.


I'd volunteer in the classroom more...

 photo May2013iphone_collage7_zps587cbf33.jpg
Logan's two end-of-the-year awards: Good Sportsmanship and Perfect Attendance. So proud of our Kindergarten graduate!


I'd spend more time just chillin' with family (and holding sweet babies)...

 photo May2013iphone_collage5_zpsf07e9d0e.jpg
We celebrated my niece Piper's baptism this weekend with family from out of town. Always good times.


But now it's back to reality. 40 hours at a desk, workin' for the weekend. And savoring each weekend moment that I have. Sigh.

 photo May2013iphone_collage4_zps5d85561a.jpg

6 comments:

  1. Amen to this! Though my work days are all at home Scott's are not. It'd be awesome to have him around a couple extra days during the week.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I think the beauty of the weekends for me isn't JUST that I don't have to sit in an office all day, it's more of the fact that we're hanging out as a family.

      Delete
  2. I'm a firm believer in 3 days is more than enough work for anyone. ugh. I work four 10 hour shifts a week and my three day weekends are NEVER enough! One day down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide if I'd like your schedule or not! A 3-day weekend would be great, but I'm not sure if I could handle 10-hr days, lol! ;)

      Delete
  3. I agree. Can I not just work 10 hours Mon-Thur and have every Friday off? I heard they do that in China! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just greedy--I want a longer weekend without having to work longer hours during the week :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.