Friday, May 25, 2012

32 and owning it

Today's my birthday. For some reason, in my mind I'm only turning 27. In reality...I'm 32. But this time, no jokes from me about how I'm 29 again. No freaking out that I'm "thirtysomething." Cause I've been here for a couple of years now, and it's not so bad, now that I've gotten used to it :)

Photobucket

Really, I'm just so thankful for the wonderful year I had, hopeful for the year ahead, and very grateful for all of the sweet birthday wishes I've gotten from friends, family and even strangers.

Photobucket

It's been a great day! I got some big birthday hugs from all of my sweeties this morning then got decked out in a new top and painted nails, and headed to work for a meeting, feeling pretty darn good.

bdayoutfit Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I took the rest of the day off for a lunch and movie date with Adam, with some power shopping thrown in on the side. We went to the mall and ate a Five Guys burger and fries, then saw the Avengers, which we thought was really good.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Had it not been for the meeting in the morning, I would have taken the whole day off and had more time to shop. But we had about 45 minutes for some quick stops in Forever 21 where I picked up a couple of new bracelets, Sephora where I got a free lip duo birthday gift and face lotion, Bath & Body works where we got some new hand soaps and a new lotion, Victoria's Secret (free panty coupon, holla!), and Urban Outfitters where I got another bracelet and some earrings to match my F21 bracelet. Whew! I guess it was a good thing we didn't have more time to shop ;)

Then we picked up the kids and headed to Chick-fil-a for dinner and play time.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

And we get to celebrate even more tomorrow with my mom and sister. One word: Lobster! YUM.

Cheers to 32 years!

Photobucket

PS: I'm so excited I got some good pictures of me and this kids today!! Happy birthday to me!

PPS: Is it weird that when I went back through and read this after I hit publish, I sang "32 and owning it" to the tune of "Sexy and I Know It?" 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.