Monday, October 7, 2013

One last beach hurrah for the year

Before the official end of summer, we had one last beach hurrah.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Adam and I took Thursday and Friday off of work, packed up the kids and my mom, and headed down for a nice long weekend of sun and sand.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Well, there was lots of sand, but the sun decided to hide for half the time. Clouds and rain be damned, we still had a good time.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

It was a great way to say goodbye to summer and kick off our three week fall break from school.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Luckily the weather was still warm, despite the clouds. But we did have our fair share of chattering teeth and blue lips after playing in the water for a while. The water was actually pretty warm, too.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
{A Lazy Crazy Life}

I find such peace and joy, just sitting on the beach, watching and listening to the waves crash while the kids squeal with laughter.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We saw dolphins in the distance and pelicans diving for fish. A kind fisherman down the beach showed the kids his impressive haul of bluefish.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Adam and I were talking, and we got to wondering whether people who live at the beach take it for granted. If that's what happens, then I'd never want to actually live at the beach. Because it would be such a shame to take for granted something so beautiful, powerful, calming, dangerous, peaceful, fun, scary and exciting.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

For the record, Adam was totally on board with my whole "never living at the beach" thing, because he doesn't exactly share my appreciation for it. Four days was more than enough at one time for him. :) I on the other hand, cannot wait to go back next summer for another long(er?) weekend!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

And now I can officially say "bring on fall!"

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic last hurrah! With my move to Arizona I will definitely get the warm weather but I will miss the beach.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm weather is good, but I don't know if I could handle living more than a few hours from the beach! But you have a pool, right? So you'll be fine ;)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful photos! :) Glad you guys could get away for one last beach trip this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like such a good long weekend! gorgeous photos. we're going to the beach with friends this weekend, but the oregon coast is freezing cold and usually rainy, so it'll be nothing like your amazing sunny, sandy experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to bid adieu to summer.
    You snapped some amazing photos! That sand castle looks like it was pretty awesome; love the sea shell details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "took Thursday and Friday off of work." Excited to follow your blog!

    Regina @ www.vintage1973.me

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.