Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I may not be breaking any speed records but...

I DID IT!!!! 6.2 miles, baby, and here's the proof!

6.2 miles

I did walk for exactly 1 minute about every 1.25 miles, so even though that slowed down my overall time, I'm sure it helped with my overall endurance.

I gotta be honest--I seriously doubted it was possible for me to go that far, even after I officially ran 3.1 for the first time (ever in my life), especially since I felt all tingly and like I was going die. Plus, when I ran last week, I could barely go 2 miles so I thought I had peaked. Turns out I was just having an "off" day. Whew!

But I'm SO impressed with myself. I even graduated from my 8-week couch to 5K program 2 weeks early, motivated by a run with a local running club!

I don't plan on running for over an hour every time because let's face it, it's boring as hell (and I'd prefer to not run in the dark). But now I know I can do it and I'm a little less freaked out about my 10K on October 1. Let's just hope the adrenaline kicks in and I'm not having an off day then...

Oh, and by the way, I don't think I totally hate running any more. I solidly tolerate it now. And I fixed the whole running hurts like hell issue with a new pair of shoes. The local running store I got them from exchanged them for me. Score!

Another big score? My team came in 3rd place in the health challenge, so we each won $100. Paid for my shoes!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.