Monday, January 13, 2014

The Even Years


Coincidentally, it seems like almost all of the biggest and best things in my life happen in an even year.

In 1980 I was born.

In 1996 I got my first car and my driver's license.

In 1998 I graduated high school and started college.

In 2002 I got married.

In 2004 I had my first child. (I also lost my job at the beginning of that year, so it was a combination of the best/worst year. At least I ended on a high note.)

In 2006 I had my second child.

In 2010 I had my third child.


The biggest exception is 2001, when I turned 21 in May and graduated from college a semester early in December. And of course, the odd years when I conceived all of my children. :)


Even though we started the year off on January 1 with a sick little girl, I'm choosing to believe that's not an indicator of the year to come.

 photo IMG_8262_zps6c32f428.jpg
Lorelai had an unexplained high fever for a couple days and she was a pitiful little thing for a while there.


Fortunately, Adam is settling into his new job and I got very positive feedback on my annual review at work, so for the most part, we're starting off on the right foot.

 photo IMG_8365_zpscafa4a2a.jpg
And clearly the right foot means ridiculous and poor quality selfies at the stroke of midnight on NYE. Cheers to 2014!


I won't be having any babies or marriages this year, but I do have high hopes for 2014. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint!

4 comments:

  1. Funny... all of my big "life things" happened in the odd years. No marriages or kids yet, however. ;)

    ~ Country Girl's Daybook
    Recently posted: blushing --> http://bit.ly/1a3gxLU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine are almost all odd years! Born in 89, graduated in 07, Associate's and married in 09, daughter in 11. That's kind of funny to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny all your life milestones occurred during the even years! I personally favor even numbers and am slightly jealous, as all my "big" events are all over the board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so interesting! I've never given any thought to the even and odd years of my life. Hmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.