Monday, December 23, 2013

Enjoying the season

There have been way too many years that the Christmas season has passed me by in a flurry of stress. Where I'd been so behind on my holiday to do list that I barely had time to pause and truly appreciate the joy of the anticipation and the spirit of the season.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

But I can honestly say that's not the case this year. Overall (aside from the whole job situation) I've felt the least stressed I've ever felt in the weeks leading up to Christmas that I can remember. Shopping wasn't a dreaded chore this year, thanks to online shopping and continuing the effort to pare down gifts for the kids. Presents are almost all wrapped, and I put together our Christmas card (digital only again, mailing cards one of the easiest things to drop off my to do list). We were also able to contribute to our local rescue mission's toy/book drive.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

I did have a momentary freak out when I was trying to put together wish lists for me and the kids to give to family (why is it always so hard for me to come up with things I want??). But aside from that, there's been a lot of enjoying...

Driving around looking at Christmas lights.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Time off work (8 days!) to relax and spend time with family.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Making teacher treats.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
No real baking this year. We did homemade white chocolate popcorn and 
pretzel hugs.


Daycare Christmas parties.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Watching Christmas movies.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Playing outside in spring-like weather.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
Almost 80 a few days before Christmas?! I can't decide whether to be 
happy or sad. Or wishing for snow...

Finding Jack the elf every day.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Decorating my mom's tree, per a longstanding annual tradition of having a tree-trimming party.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}


All that's left on my to do list at this point (after we wrap the rest of the gifts today, of course) is to spend more time with family and wait for Santa to come. I can't wait...and I'm not the only one! :)

{A Lazy Crazy Life}


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of beautiful children! I was just thinking how, as excited as I get each year for Christmas, I haven't felt this sort of eager anticipation since I was a kid...and it's all because of how excited I am to see Raegan see Christmas morning and participate for the first real time!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds and looks like an absolutely perfect start to this joyous season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your photos of the kids in front of the tree! My holiday has been a crazy rush of insane this year so I'm looking forward to enjoying our first Christmas alone as a family instead of driving to Ohio or having inlaws come stay with us for the holiday. We definitely got skipped by that 70 degree day here in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.