Thursday, February 7, 2013

Right place at the right time

I had to stay home with Lorelai today because she had a fever all night and didn't sleep well. So neither did I, after getting up multiple times to comfort her and then bringing her into bed with us at 4:30, where she tossed and turned for hours. But then like magic, her tylenol wore off and she was fever-free all day.

 photo 83AAA7B9-0A27-4C6E-A4DE-CACD791F5824-5806-00000BA0BB5A985D_zpse10c7ea7.jpg

...Until right before I put her to bed.???? No idea what's going on with her. So we'll see how tonight goes...
 
Anyway, it ended up being a blessing in disguise that I was home with her today, because I just happened to notice that our water heater, which is on our second floor (why does anyone think that's a good idea?!), had started to leak. Add this to the rest of the list of things that are going/have gone wrong in our house. Sigh.

 photo D5D49FFC-B336-43A0-9091-6DAB2B6EBF3E-5806-00000BA0B612A250_zps4153b068.jpg

Thankfully, I noticed in time to give Adam a frantic call and he was able bring a maintenance guy from one of his properties over to take a look. At first we thought we'd have to replace it, which wouldn't happen until sometime next week. But fortunately, it looks like it's just a problem with the release valve on top, which was a quick fix.

So I guess today wasn't so bad. Got to spend the day in my yoga pants hanging with the cutest girl in the world, and I single-handedly prevented a house catastrophe (nope, not overstating that one at all, ha!).

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Rough day, but glad to hear that the water heater issue was a fairly easy fix! Hopefully little lady is feeling better soon! We recently had issues with a water line freezing off in our old property and were all slightly under the weather about 2 weeks ago too. *hugs of comfort*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Thankfully, Lorelai's feeling better and Friday was a much better day :)

      Delete
  2. Landon was doing the same thing last week! Fever at night then fine for most of the day and then he'd hit another fever. It was SO frustrating (and sad). I missed 2 days of work. And I'm still playing catch up. Blah. Hope she is better now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.