Friday, May 30, 2014

Numb

Lorelai and I went to the dentist for our semi-annual checkup a few weeks ago. The good news is that she did great! Sat still, opened wide, and got a clean bill of dental health.

{A Lazy Crazy Life} {A Lazy Crazy Life}

I, on the other hand, apparently cracked a molar. No idea how or when it happened so I was totally surprised when the hygienist pointed it out. She also was convinced it happened because I wore them down from grinding. Um, what? I don't grind my teeth. Very puzzling, but the only thing we can think of is that maybe I clench my teeth (when I'm stressed? Very possible given my stressful nature...), which had a similar affect. Oh, and I also had a cavity. Just fabulous.

So today, I went in to get the cracked tooth filled (thankfully no expensive crown needed) and the cavity filled. And now I sit here, 2 hours later, with my entire mouth still numb. I had a top right AND a bottom left shot of novacaine, so my whole face is seriously and uncomfortably numb.

I can't help but think about the irony here. My face is physically numb, when in the wake of some really upsetting news today, all I really want is to numb my emotions. Sigh. The good news is that we're taking an impromptu trip to the beach for the weekend, so hopefully I can relax my worries away. Temporarily, at least.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.