Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday night window shopping

I'm a saver/penny-pincher by nature, so I don't do a whole lot of shopping for myself on a regular basis. But occasionally, I get the shopping bug where I have a whole list of things I want. And apparently now is that occasion. Maybe it's the spring fever talking, and finally being able to switch over to my spring/summer wardrobe? Anyway, I really wanted a new maxi dress, so earlier this week I placed a target.com order. Then today, I really needed some shoes for Lorelai, so I hopped onto oldnavy.com. Shipping is free with a $50 order, so of course I had to load up the cart with other things. New skirt, new shorts, a new pair of shoes...thank goodness for free shipping and free returns, right?!

And now I'm going down the rabbit hole--I'll see a pair of shoes I like while I'm looking at skirts and start thinking about shoes. Then I'll see a cute top I like, and so on. Not to mention the many blogs I read that have convinced me I need to try out a new eye shadow palette and lipstick. I'm so easily influenced, apparently. :)

So I figured I'd put together a list of some things I've had my eye on lately but have yet to pull the trigger.



1. Sonia Kashuk eye shadow palette. Cheaper than the Naked palette, but looks pretty similar. I'd love to have more variety in my eye makeup collection.

2. Dior Addict Lip Glow. I've been tempted to try this since Kate first posted about it. But it's pricey, so I just can't seem to pull the trigger. But I do have to venture into Sephora to pick up my birthday gift soon (they still do that, right??) so maybe I'll stroll over to the lipstick and see what I think. :)

3. Black and/or silver flip flops. I love my Rainbows, but sometimes I feel like I need something just a tad bit daintier and dressy. You know, while still being a casual flip flop.

4. CND Vinulux top coat. Again with being influenced by other bloggers. I've seen a couple posts about how wonderful this stuff is, and I need all the help I can get as far as getting my nail polish to stop chipping after the first day.

5. Olive oil mister. The last time I tried to drizzle olive oil over my asparagus before I roasted it, I dumped WAY too much. A mister would be so handy!

6. Mandoline slicer. I've gotten into eating sweet potatoes lately, but the only way I can eat them is really crispy. Sweet potato chips sound like the way to go, especially since I just broke my Vidalia chop wizard. Either that, or a spiralizer. Sweet potatoes are a b*^%$ to cut!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.