Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day happiness

My poor little blog has been so neglected lately. Things have been so crazy, and of course I've also been lazy in between (story of my life, ha!), but I've got so much to catch up on!

I'll start with Mother's Day since those are the most recent pics on my camera--and easiest to go through since I only took a few. Oops!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

I had a really wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Quality family time, some fun, some relaxation, and lots of love.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

A busy day of strawberry picking and pool time on Saturday led to some sleeping in--always VERY appreciated! Of course "sleeping in" is a relative term--on Sunday that meant Lorelai didn't wander into our bed until close to 7:30. The boys followed a little after 8am with homemade cards galore. Adam also surprised me with a generous spa gift card so I can go get spoiled with a massage and facial.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

They each had written such sweet things about me and to me, I couldn't help but get teary from all the sweetness. And then I laughed when I saw that Aidan loves me because I pay for water so he can clean himself.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

And Logan thinks I'm "prettier than a diamond" and would rather "have two of you than a diamond." {{cue the heart melting}}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We had a really low-key day, which was all I needed. Sure, I could have done without the grocery shopping, but we really needed food, so it was all good. :) That afternoon, we headed to the in-laws' place and had dinner with them and my mom.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}


As I was tucking Aidan, Logan and Lorelai into bed and thanking them for everything--the kind words, the sweet handmade cards, the snuggles, kisses, and love, and just for being in my life--I was brought to tears (three times in a row!) by how lucky I am. How truly blessed I feel as a mom, to have these special, wonderful, amazing children as my own. They're my whole world.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Oh, and I'm pretty dang grateful to my husband for helping me create them. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.