Monday, May 26, 2014

34 kisses for 34 years

Yesterday, I turned 34. I just love it when my birthday falls on Memorial Day weekend--that extra day feels like a bonus birthday present. And you'd better believe I milked this birthday weekend for everything it's worth. I most definitely pulled the "you can't complain, it's my birthday" card more than once. While it fell on deaf ears after one too many shopping trips, I do respect the collective effort to make my day and weekend special. That included a sweet handmade birthday card, cute clothes Adam and the boys picked out for me, and 34 kisses throughout the day for each of my 34 years. The best.

We spent quite a bit of time relaxing and not doing much, except getting a tan.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
a MUCH needed tan...

We also went out to eat. Lots. Sushi lunch on Friday with my friends. Date night with Adam on Saturday where we hit up Zinburger before finally seeing Divergent, and ending the evening with two slices of heaven from the Cheesecake factory (which we're still not done with, two days later!).

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
A bacon Bloody Mary, sweet potato fries and a Zinburger. SO yum!

On my actual birthday, we took the kids to Bob Evans for breakfast where we stuffed our faces and tried to forget about the terrible service. And because the weekend wouldn't be complete without yet another trip out to eat somewhere, we stopped at Moe's today after yet some more shopping. Whew!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We also spent a bunch of time at the pool, which I'm sure made up for an equal amount of time spent shopping, as far as the kids are concerned. :)

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

So cheers to 34 years! If this weekend is any indication, it'll hopefully be a good one!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.