Monday, December 5, 2011

It's starting to look a little like Christmas

I'd like to start singing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" but we're not quite there yet. I think I'm in denial that Christmas is just 20 days away. We've done some shopping, but not much decking of the halls, so we're not in full holiday mode just yet. At least we got the lights on the tree tonight.

the lights are on the tree
Sneak peak of our tree (AKA a really crappy iphone pic, but there are no
ornaments yet anyway, so whatever)


Ornaments tomorrow, hopefully. I think the plan is to put Lorelai to bed and do the decorating without her. I feel bad not including her, but my hope is that if she doesn't see the ornaments going on the tree, she'll be less likely to take them off the tree. Totally logical, right? Ha. Either way, we'll put all the non-breakable ornaments on the bottom and hope for the best.

I hope to get the outside lights up, mantle decorated, and other miscellaneous decorations up before the weekend. We'll see...

As excited as the boys are that the tree is up, they're even more excited that their elf on the shelf, Jack, has arrived.

our elf on the shelf, Jack
our elf, Jack
He arrived on December 1, and I think he's been doing a pretty good job of keeping the boys in line :) We'll definitely be sad to see him go on Christmas. Lorelai will, too. She's so cute, every time she sees him, she waves hi.

Now please excuse me while I get into the Christmas spirit by staring at our tree. Oooooh, pretty lights.

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
'Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

And all that jazz...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.