Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Four years old, and not a baby

This girl, oh my. Sweet, sassy, smart, funny, silly, loud, opinionated, friendly, loving. And now she's four!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she said "I don't know." When I asked her again, she said "Grandma." Another time, she said "chicken nuggets." And then when I asked her yesterday, she held up seven fingers and said "I want to be this many. Like Logan." Well I can't help her with the last request, but the rest was done and done. We had a pool party for Aidan and Lorelai on Sunday with both Grandmas, and then we went to the pool again tonight and had a Chick-fil-a picnic.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Most of me is devastated that there's almost no baby left in my baby. A fact that she's quick to point out whenever I call her baby instead of sweetie, by the way. She just doesn't understand that she'll always be my baby.

“I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be.”
-Robert Munsch

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

These days, she likes:
  • Going to the pool
  • Coloring/drawing
  • Super Why
  • Watching videos I've taken of the family on my iPhone
  • Fairy books (big girl chapter books)
  • Baby dolls
  • The color purple (just not her purple shoes...???)
  • Bossing people around
  • Arguing/throwing fits for no reason
  • Being held by Mommy

Yes, my big (43lb!) girl still wants me to hold her. And it's still the same request as when she was little--"Mommy, hold you." And even when she wants me to hold her while I'm trying to make dinner or shop for groceries, it's super hard to deny that request. It's just about the only holdover from her babyhood. Sniff.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Age 3 was certainly a challenge, as I expected. But fortunately, I don't think it was as bad as it could have been. We obviously had our fair share of ridiculous typical 3yo behavior, but nothing that made me go insane.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

I know we're now out of the woods yet as far as tantrums go (as evidenced by last night's bedtime debacle). But I'm looking forward to age 4. Seeing her emotions mature (hopefully!). Watching as she learns more and gets ready for kindergarten next year. Helping her become more independent. Watching her imagination grow.

She's remarkable, and very loved and spoiled. Happy 4th birthday to my sweet baby girl!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.