Friday, March 7, 2014

#snOMG. Over it.

It's almost freezing and raining/wintry mixing out side. The northern part of our county had pretty bad ice, with trees down and power out, so what was a 3-hour delay turned into another school cancellation. Luckily Adam was able to take the boys to work with him and Lorelai's daycare was open on schedule so I got to go into the office. Much better than the cancellation on Tuesday due to ice, where I had to take 4 hours worth of conference calls from home plus do the rest of my work, with 3 kids to keep quiet in the background all day. Yeah, they watched two movies that morning.

Needless to say, I'm SO over the cold and inclement weather. The sun and its warmth need to make an appearance, because my mood is taking a hit. Or that could be the fact that I've been watching what I'm eating so I'm pretty much in a constant state of hangry. Or both. Oh, and that's probably why blogging has taken a back seat these days. I've got several posts to share, but haven't been the least bit in the mood to write. #sorrynotsorry.

Anyway...in the spirit of catching up, and hopefully saying an offical goodbye to winter weather, I feel the need to share our snow day from three weeks ago. And I have to document this for my own memory later, since it rarely snows like this in NC.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Unlike the last snow day we had, this one wasn't hyped nearly as much. Oddly enough, it turned out way worse. On Feb 12, Adam went to work in the morning to one of his properties an hour away. School closed early, and it started snowing right when I got to the bus stop at 12:30. I talked to Adam and asked him to make his way home. He said it wasn't bad out and he'd leave soon-ish. By the time the bus pulled up at 12:40 and we headed to daycare to get Lorelai, snow was sticking to the sides of the roads. I pulled up to daycare at 12:45 and made a frantic call to Adam to get his butt home ASAP. By the time we left daycare shortly before 1pm, a full dusting was covering the roads.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Adam did make it home safe and sound, although it took him a full 3.5 hours, and he couldn't even make it back to his other office to drop off his co-workers. They ended up hanging out at our house for a while until their husbands could come get them. Although all things considered, he made remarkable time compared to my mom, who took the same amount of time to go SIX MILES (!!!!) to her house. CrAzY!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life} {A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We got 4 inches of snow in 4 hours, and then some, totalling what I guess was 5 or 6 inches by the time the sleet and freezing rain came rolling in overnight and throughout the next day. Luckily we didn't lose any trees or power.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We were basically snowed in for 2.5 days while school was closed, but it was actually not bad at all. I didn't mind that snow--in my mind, it was one last hurrah for winter before warmer temps rolled in. Hahahaha, fooled me! We've had a couple of warm days since then, but winter keeps.coming.back. A 50* temp swing in the course of 24 hours is just ridiculous.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
Spring, where are you??

Go home, winter. You're drunk. I need some spring in my life.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
70* on Sunday, 20* on Monday. UGH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.