Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Go 'Canes!

Thanks to a co-worker, we lucked into 5 free(!) tickets to see the Carolina Hurricanes hockey game last Monday. And they were great seats, too. Score!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

We've taken the boys before so I knew they'd love the opportunity, but I wasn't sure about Lorelai. Especially since the game was at 7, and her bedtime is usually 7:45/8pm. I debated seeing if my mom could watch her, or just getting three tickets so Adam could take Aidan and Logan, but Adam insisted we take her, without hesitation. I'm so glad we did, because the whole thing kind of blew her mind. :)

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

All the people, the cheering, the ice on the middle of the floor inside...she loved it. She kept saying "whoa, they're skiing so fast! That's too tricky for me though." I told her they were skating, but she kept saying skiing, which was too cute. She also kept asking where the pig was, aka, Stormy the ice hog mascot. (BTW, I had to google Stormy because pig, really? What does that have to do with hockey? But yeah, ice hog. I get it now.)

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Honestly, I don't know much about hockey at all. I know they skate (not ski!), I know that a puck is supposed to go in a net, and I know who to cheer for. But that's about it. Adam tried to explain icing to me at one point, but I couldn't repeat a word he said. Doesn't matter one bit though, because we all cheered on those 'Canes like we knew exactly what was going on, and had a blast doing it.

We left at the end of the second period because it was getting late for Lorelai and we wanted to beat the crowd. Unfortunately, they were losing 0-2 to the Bluejackets after 2 early goals within 17 seconds of each other, so it was kind of a bummer of a game at that point. In hind sight though, I so wish we had stayed. Apparently, the 'Canes had a major comeback and ended up scoring 3 goals in 3 minutes and won the game. How fun that would have been to see!

I think we've got some official "Caniacs" on our hands here.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
Maybe we should invest in some Hurricanes gear so we fit in better next time though :)

3 comments:

  1. looks like you and your gang had a great time. that's always fun to do things with the family.

    Come stop by and share your love story. http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/love-story-link-ups-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such a great time!!
    We've only ever been to one professional hockey game, and while I didn't understand a thing it was a blast (who know there were three periods, and not three quarters??).

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved that she called it skiing!
    so cute!
    looks like you guys had a ton of fun! if only my husband's favorite NHL team didn't hate my favorite NHL team, we'd be all set. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.