Wednesday, June 18, 2014

End of 1st and 4th...Summer Break begins

Aidan and Logan had their last day of 1st and 4th grade on Friday.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

Thankfully, it was a school year without much drama. After the issues we had with Aidan's 3rd grade teacher, I was hopeful we'd made the right decision not to loop with her. And for the most part I do think it was a good decision. We had a bit of a scare with math when things just weren't clicking for a while there and he wasn't testing well. At all. But magically, something clicked at the end of the 3rd quarter and he ended up on the A/B honor roll for the year, and did well on both EOG tests. He's a really smart dude who reads like it's his job. Such a bookworm--I love it!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
It's beyond me why Aidan looks so much happier on his first day of school than his last...


And Logan. Bear with me as I legit brag for a minute. He's so smart. Even though he doesn't love to read as much as Aidan (yet) he's reading well beyond a 1st grade level. He's naturally good at math like Adam, and was even talking Aidan through some math logic on a few homework assignments. He's now in the AIG program where he tested in the 98th percentile for math.

{A Lazy Crazy Life}

I know academics aren't everything, but I'm glad both of them at least started out elementary school doing so well, setting a good academic foundation for them to build on. I know we're bound to hit more speed bumps along the way like we did this year with Aidan and math, but success early on shows them that even when things get tougher, they have proven the ability to do well.

I'm so proud of both of them!

{A Lazy Crazy Life}
Of course Lorelai had to get in on the action. I'm proud of her too, of course :)


And now, on to our (much too brief) summer break. I haven't done a bucket list for this summer, but hopefully we can still make the most of it anyway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.