My silly husband would beg to differ that this is chili at all because there are no beans, but if you're in the market for a paleo/Whole30 compliant chili dish (or you just really don't like beans!), you've come to the right place. I ended up merging a couple of different chili recipes together to come up with something that I will totally continue to make even when I'm done with the Whole30. I made this when Adam was out of town the other week and the kids gave it rave reviews. So naturally, I had to make it again this week so he can try it. I'm definitely doubling the recipe below so I have plenty of leftovers!
Paleo Chili(adapted from the back of the Hunt's Fire Roasted tomatoes can, using zucchini as inspired by this recipe)
* 1 pound ground meat (I used ground chicken)
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup diced green and/or red peppers
* 1 large zucchini, diced
* 2 cans Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
* 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
* 1 cup water
* 1 tbsp chili powder
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* 1/4 tsp paprika
1. Brown your meat with the onion, drain fat if necessary.
2. Add zucchini to begin sautéing.
3. Meanwhile, blend one can of the tomatoes until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low, stirring occasionally, for at least 15 minutes. Feel free to let simmer for 30+ to let the flavors develop more.
Makes 4-5 servings. Enjoy!