Friday, January 18, 2013

"Snow" Day

At 4pm yesterday when it was 45* and rainy, our school district--in its infinite wisdom--decided to completely cancel school today based on a projected forecast of 2-4 inches of snow.

And this is what we woke up to:

{alazycrazylife}

Whomp, whomp. Only a lame dusting--not even enough to play in.

Granted, we don't "do snow" well here in central NC anyway, since it doesn't happen often. But seriously?? They couldn't have at least called a 2-hour delay until they knew for sure? Now we have to have a makeup day for no reason.

On the plus side, I got to hang out at home in my sweats with two sweet boys who kept me company. I mean, I was still working, and they kept me company by watching way too much TV and video games on the couch next to me...but they also vacuumed my floor, so that kind of makes up for the technology overload, right?

Adam went to work and Lorelai actually went to daycare today, since they just had a delayed opening (we pay for it regardless, she loves it and wanted to see her teachers, and I needed to focus on work...so I'm trying not to feel bad about it). But when she got home, she inexplicably ditched her pants (but not boots) and got in on the Wii action.

{alazycrazylife}
She really wanted them to play Skylander Giants.

And to top it all off, this guy lost his first tooth!

{alazycrazylife}

I really hope the tooth fairy has a $5 handy, since she already set that precedence with Aidan. And you better believe he remembers and has already mentioned how he's going to spend his $5 (putting it towards another Skylanders character, their new obsession.)

So even though we didn't get much snow to speak of, I suppose I can't complain about what's basically a 4-day weekend (aside from the fact that I still have to work) since everyone is out of school on Monday for MLK day. 

TGIF!

4 comments:

  1. so glad i'm not the only one with a little vampire! and congrats to your little one for losing his first! ironic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up with the Super Sunday Sync! Following you back be GFC!
    ~dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. your children are adorable - love their names and the photo of your daughter in those sweet boots! i love snow...we had a dusting tonight and i was hoping for a blizzard. ;)
    have a wonderful week. thanks for your kind words.
    happily following. <3
    maria

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.